Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 40g Butter
- 150g Self Raising Flour
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1 tbs Natvia
- 3 Eggs
- 2 lt Canola oil
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat with 1 cup of water. Bring to boil and then remove from heat.
- Sift in the flour, put back on heat and whisk until it starts to clump together into a smooth ball.
- Add vanilla and Natvia and whisk until combined.
- Remove from heat and once it has cooled, whisk in the eggs, one at a time making sure each is incorporated before adding the next.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan to between 190-200C, Using two teaspoons carefully drop in balls of the batter 5-6 at a time and deep fry for 5 minutes, turning those that are not turning themselves to brown evenly.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, taking care to shake off excess oil and place on paper towel atop a wire rack.
- Put the Nuttvia in a piping bag and inject into each donut.